Follow Us @soratemplates

Monday, February 15

Shania's Underrated Books


I am one of those people who enjoys reading underrated books more than I like reading really popular and hyped books. So I thought, why not introduce my friends (you guys) to some of my favourite underrated books. I won't spam you with all the books I loved reading so far, therefor I have decided to make this a series. Welcome to the first edition!


 Shadowmagic by John Lenehan.

"A Lord of the Rings for the 21st century. 
Only a lot shorter. 
And funnier. 
And completely different."

When I first picked up this book I had no idea what to expect, which made the journey into Tir Na Nog even more exciting. It is a book that is very loosely based on Irish mythology and seriously every chapter ends with some kind of cliff hanger. For me, this book that was un-put-down-able. "Just one more chapter!" was basically my catchphrase while reading this.

I remember reading Shadowmagic while on my vacation to Germany with Amber. We seriously could sit in the same room without saying anything and just read until we were tired enough to go to bed, where we yet again spent a lot of time reading. (If that is not friendship I don't know what is). Anyway, I remember reading Shadowmagic and constantly having to laugh out loud because this is a book packed with humor. Amber was very confused why I was laughing to myself however.

The story follows Connor O'neil, your average teenager with an average life, or so he thinks. Conor is the son of a one handed, bit eccentric acient language expert. One day Connor's ordinary life takes a turn when two celtic warriors and his aunt try to kill him. He will later learn that a lot of family members keep trying to kill him. So begins his adventure to the land of youth, Tir Na Nog.

The back of the book reads:



“Hi, my name is Conor. 
 Other than my father being a bit of an eccentric lunatic, 
my life was pretty normal until I got attacked in my living room 
and whisked away to Tir na Nog, 
the mystical land of the ancient Celts, 
where it turns out Dad is the usurped heir to the throne 
and everybody wants me dead because of some prophecy.  
Don’t you just hate when that happens?”






Join the fandom, we're like seven people.


Addiction meter: Oreos

Get the book here

No comments:

Post a Comment